Welcome to the Blessed Sacrament parish virtual town hall.
The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament church is using the tool IdeaScale to facilitate engagement with our parish and school community in light of the sex abuse crises in the Church. This website serves as a virtual town hall* for our parish community and a platform to have our collective voices be heard by our Church leaders.
Parish leadership invites Blessed Sacrament parishioners and school parents to use this platform to submit their ideas, comments or questions on the Church crisis. You can also vote to agree with or disagree with the entries of other community members. The purpose of this virtual town hall is to gather information and sentiment on this critical topic among our community members. This way our parish leaders can better address them through actions and communications within our parish's control. The virtual town hall is open until November 1st.
How to participate:
• Create an IdeaScale account. This only requires an email address.
• We encourage transparency in this community. Please note that the name and username registered to your account will be posted with your submissions unless you choose the option to submit an idea anonymously. Email addresses will be visible to site administrators**, but not in association with ideas posted anonymously.
• Click the Submit New Idea button at the top of the navigation sidebar.
• Please use respectful language in your submission, otherwise the moderator may delete your entry.
• You will have the option to add tags to the idea, comment, or question. These tags represent key themes that emerged from the live parish town hall on September 16th. These tags help people search comments related to their interests.
• If you would like to see all ideas, comments or questions created with a specific tag, you can click on the word or phrase via the tag cloud in the navigation sidebar area under "What we're discussing". (The order of tags in the tag cloud is randomly generated by IdeaScale, it does not imply priority.) Click the Ideas link at the top of the page to see all ideas.
• You can vote, but not comment on other entries. To vote on an entry, look to the right of the idea title/description and simply click the up arrow to agree or down arrow to disagree.
After November 1st, a team of lay parishioners and parish staff will analyze the information gathered in this website and prioritize the issues to address in parish actions and communications. The information collected also will be shared with the Archdiocese and the Bishops Conference.
*Please note that a summary of the Sept. 16th live town hall is accessible by clicking the link in the footer of this page.
**Administrators and moderators of this site include parish volunteers. Contact email@example.com for assistance on this website. All other requests should be directed to parish staff emails.